Details: Explore hydraulics, pneumatics, and robotics with your very own GIANT hydraulic hand! Using over 200 plastic pieces and piston tubes that you fill with water, build an awesome mechanical hand that uses hydraulic power to simulate the movements of the human hand no motors or electricity required! Once assembled, your cyborg hand slips onto your own hand like a glove, with mechanical fingers that you operate with your own fingers and that can grip objects with enough force to lift them. Challenge yourself to pick up and hold a variety of items like bottles, pencils, small items anything with reach! The hand can be configured in three ways left hand, right hand, and claw-like, with the thumb in the center and can be adjusted to fit virtually all hand sizes. A 40-page, full-color manual guides model building and experimentation and provides engaging scientific information about how pneumatic and hydraulic systems are used in industrial robots to assist with a variety of tasks in our modern world.
- Build your own awesome, wearable mechanical hand that you operate with your own fingers.
- No motors, no batteries — just the power of air pressure, water, and your own hands!
- Hydraulic pistons enable the mechanical fingers to open and close and grip objects with enough force to lift them. Every finger joint can be adjusted to different angles for precision movement.
- Three configurations: right hand, left hand, and claw-like; adjustable to fit virtually any human hand.
- Learn how pneumatic and hydraulic systems are used in industrial robots such as automobile components..2021 The Toy Association's STEAM Toy Of The Year Winner
Brand: Thames & Kosmos
Release Date: 24-07-2020
Package Dimensions: 13.1 x 10.3 x 4.7 inches