Details: A storm glass is a type of device for decoration, composed of a sealed glass container, filled with liquid, and suitable for the owner to observe appearance of the crystals when the temperature changes inside the glass. The liquid within the glass is a mixture of several ingredients, distilled water, ethanol, potassium nitrate, ammonium chloride, and camphor. This specific mixture was developed by Admiral Robert Fitzroy and used on his voyage with Charles Darwin on the HMS Beagle. The Storm Glass liquid will form different crystals with the change of surrounding temperature. -If the liquid in the glass is clear, the temperature is high or has become higher than before -If the liquid is cloudy, the temperature has become lower than before and the change of temperature is little -If there are feather shaped crystals appearing and the amount is increasing gradually in the glass, the temperature has become low and the change is large. -If there is some star shaped crystals, The temperature became low and the change is large.
- 11 LED Options to choose from Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Light Blue, Yellow, White, White Strobe, Fade, Color Cycle, Fade/Strobe Cycle
- Rechargable Base, no requirement of batteries (Base at full charge can last 5 hours)
- Charging Cable included, plugs into any USB port
- Instructions of Storm Glass included
- Great for Decoration and Offices
Brand: Carter's Country Warehouse
Package Dimensions: 10.0 x 5.0 x 5.0 inches