Details: Weaver ant colonies are founded by one or more mated females (queens). A queen lays her first clutch of eggs on a leaf and protects and feeds the larvae until they develop into mature workers. The workers then construct leaf nests and help rear new brood laid by the queen. Colonies can be extremely large consisting of more than a hundred nests spanning numerous trees and contain more than half a million workers. Weaver Ants are a prized delicacy in the northeast of Thailand but are quite uncommon because they are difficult to collect and only available during certain months (15g).
- Meat Maniac Salted Queen Weaver Ants (Oecophylla)
- 100% Real edible Queen Weaver Ants
- All Natural & No Preservatives!
- Healthy Snack Alternative
- Allergy warning: Crustaceans
Brand: Meat Maniac
Publisher: Meat Maniac
Package Dimensions: 7.9 x 4.8 x 1.4 inches