Brought to You by The Unemployed Philosophers Guild
The origins of the Unemployed Philosophers Guild are shrouded in mystery. Some accounts trace the Guild's birth to Athens in the latter half of the 4th century BCE. Allegedly, several lesser philosophers grew weary of the endless Socratic dialogue endemic in their trade and turned to crafting household implements and playthings. (Hence the assertions that Socrates quaffed his hemlock poison from a Guild-designed chalice, though vigorous debate surrounds the question of whether it was a "disappearing" chalice.)
Others argue that the UPG dates from the High Middle Ages, when the Philosophers Guild entered the world of commerce by selling bawdy pamphlets to pilgrims facing long lines for the restroom. Business boomed until 1211 when Pope Innocent III condemned the publications. Not surprisingly, this led to increased sales, even as half our membership was burned at the stake.
More recently, revisionist historians have pinpointed the birth of the Guild to the time it was still cool to live in New York City's Lower East Side. Two brothers turned their inner creativity and love of paying rent towards fulfilling the people's needs for finger puppets, warm slippers, coffee cups, and cracking up at stuff.
- Mysophobia* got you down? As the good doctor said, "Dirt of any kind seems to us incompatible with civilization." Freudian Soap washes away germs and dirt and it's guaranteed to get your hands cleaner than your conscience. *not effective against agoraphobia, arachnophobia, or xenophobia
- Garden cucumber, olive oil scent. Each piece of mini soap is 2oz 2.25" x 1.75" x 1"
- Made in the USA from domestic materials. Not tested on animals.
- Try the rest of our Foam Sweet Foam soaps. Does ordinary soap leave your bathroom dull? Make your sink or tub interesting with these smart little soaps.
- Click on "The Unemployed Philosophers Guild" near the product title to see more great gifts. UPG truly has presents of mind.
Brand: The Unemployed Philosophers Guild
Publisher: The Unemployed Philosophers Guild
Package Dimensions: 2.5 x 1.8 x 0.9 inches