Details: Back to the Roots is on a mission to Undo Food. In a college class, we learned mushrooms could grow entirely on spent coffee grounds. After watching hours of how-to videos and turning our fraternity kitchen into a big science experiment, we eventually decided to give up our corporate job offers to instead become full-time mushroom farmers. What started as curiosity about urban farming has turned into a passion to Undo Food and reconnect families back to where it comes from.
- We recommend ensuring the plants receive 8 full hours of sunlight (or grow bulb light) each day. Also prevent over-watering and trimming excess seedlings when they are ~1 inch tall, to allow for 2-3 of the most successful seedlings to establish into the final full plants.
- Ready-to-grow cans make indoor herb gardening fun and easy! Each organic basil can includes everything you need to start growing, including: organic, non-GMO seeds, nutrient rich soil, and moisture-balancing biochar
- With biochar, it is never been easier to grow herbs indoors. Biochar is the charred remnants of agricultural waste through a process called pyrolysis, a technique mastered by Amazonian tribes centuries ago.
- Learn more about the the science inside plants and your home herb garden with hands-on curriculum - from the parts and functions of a plant, to the growth cycle and benefits to our ecosystem. Download the full Garden-in-a-Can curriculum at backtotheroots.com!
- Grow One, Give One! Submit a photo of your growing Garden-in-a-Can - for every photo Back to the Roots receives, they donate one to a classroom of your choice. Upload your photo at backtotheroots.com/giveone.
- When you're ready to harvest, visit backtotheroots.com for mouthwatering herb recipe ideas. From herb butter to salsa, dips, sauces, soups, and more - there's a tasty herb-inspired recipe for every palette!
Brand: Back to the Roots
Publisher: Back to the Roots
Release Date: 2015-10-27
Package Dimensions: 8.6 x 3.7 x 3.3 inches