DNA Test Ancestry Personal Genetic Service
Details: How it works? Provide your saliva sample from home. Mail it back to our lab in the same kit it came in- the postage is prepaid.
You will get access to the following Reports and Tools:
1) Ancestry Composition - See how your DNA breaks out across our 1,000+ geographic regions worldwide -- the most comprehensive genetic ancestry breakdown on the market.
2) DNA Relatives - Opt-in to connect with people who share DNA with you - and message them.
3) Haplogroups - Trace parts of your ancestry to specific groups of individuals from over a thousand years ago.
4) Share & Compare - Explore genetic similarities and differences between you and your relatives.
5) Neanderthal Ancestry - Discover if you inherited some Neanderthal DNA.
- Easy-to-use at-home kit, no membership required. Personalized ancestry reports based on your DNA ready in about 6-8 weeks.
- Now with 1,000+ geographic regions - the most comprehensive genetic ancestry breakdown on the market.
- Learn even more than your ancestral regions - discover your ancient ancestry and trace their migration with just one DNA test
- First consumer DNA test to offer a breakdown of your ancestry with results becoming more refined as our database continues to grow
- Subject to 23andMe's Terms of Service at 23andme.com/tos and Privacy Statement at 23andme.com/privacy
Legal Disclaimer: *The 23andMe PGS test includes health predisposition and carrier status reports. Health predisposition reports include both reports that meet FDA requirements for genetic health risks and the 23andMe Type 2 Diabetes health predisposition report which is based on 23andMe research and has not been reviewed by FDA. The test uses qualitative genotyping to detect select clinically relevant variants in the genomic DNA of adults from saliva for the purpose of reporting and interpreting genetic health risks and reporting carrier status. It is not intended to diagnose any disease. Your ethnicity may affect the relevance of each report and how your genetic health risk results are interpreted. Each genetic health risk report describes if a person has variants associated with a higher risk of developing a disease, but does not describe a person's overall risk of developing the disease. The test is not intended to tell you anything about your current state of health, or to be used to make medical decisions, including whether or not you should take a medication, how much of a medication you should take, or determine any treatment. Our carrier status reports can be used to determine carrier status, but cannot determine if you have two copies of any genetic variant. These carrier reports are not intended to tell you anything about your risk for developing a disease in the future, the health of your fetus, or your newborn child's risk of developing a particular disease later in life. For certain conditions, we provide a single report that includes information on both carrier status and genetic health risk.
**This data has undergone a general quality review however only a subset of markers have been individually validated for accuracy. The data from 23andMe's Browse Raw Data feature is suitable only for research, educational, and informational use and not for medical, diagnostic or other use.
Before you can use 23andMe and see your reports, you must agree to 23andMe's Terms of Service (23andme.com/tos) at the time of registration of your 23andMe kit. Your use of 23andMe is further subject to 23andMe's Privacy Statement (23andme.com/privacy). For use in the USA only - kits shipped or used outside the US will be invalidated and no refund will be provided. Kits may not be redistributed or resold. Many conditions and traits are influenced by multiple factors. 23andMe reports are intended for informational purposes only and do not diagnose disease or illness.
Package Dimensions: 6.8 x 5.2 x 1.4 inches